Putting a plan into motion. Taking that critical first step. Making good things happen. Going beyond your limits. Blazing new trails. Hitting the ground running. Seeing your plans come to fruition.
Procrastinating. Knowing what to do, but refusing to do it. Launching a project without a clear definition of who should do what. Rejecting an opportunity to try something new. Failing to finish what you start.
Donating your time and talents to others. Taking satisfaction in knowing how your efforts will aid others. Creating a “win-win” scenario. Giving even when you know repayment is not possible. Being motivated to do a good deed.
Linking your sense of self-worth to the appraisals of others. Striving to appear more needy than you really are. Taking undeserved or unmerited charity. Bragging about your charitable efforts. Profiteering in times of distress. Refusing to share a burden.
Celebrating your feelings or connections with others. Expressing joy through song, dance, or physical affection. Working together with others who share your feelings. Performing acts of service as a way of saying, “I love you.” Embracing unconventional romantic arrangements.
Mistaking giddiness for true affection. Being dominated by manic emotions. Expecting everyone to always feel the same way you do. Demanding unreasonable support from friends or family. Partying to a dangerous or unhealthy extent.
Guided meditation instructions
- The card below is your Focal Intention for this meditation. Study the image on the card so that you can recall it during the meditation.
- Tap the card face to reveal its meditative interpretation.
- Look at the themes for the card, set them firmly in your mind’s eye so you can recall them during your meditation.
- Next, read the card’s Affirmation aloud. Speak clearly and decisively. You may read the affirmation more than once, in order to properly attune your mind for the meditation. Try to keep the themes for this card in your mind as you read the affirmation.
- When you feel you have attuned yourself to the affirmation and themes for the card, read the Symbols + Insights.
- Tap the card again to return to the image, then study the card’s image for a few moments. Pay careful attention to the symbols you read about.
- It is now time to set your intention. Your intentions set the possibilities for your meditation, and ultimately determine what you’ll take away.
- Relax your body. Pay careful attention to your forehead/eyebrows, chest, stomach, jaw, and neck.
- Focus on your body’s senses and your breathing. This will help ground you and pacify your mind for the meditation.
- Investigate how you feel about the card’s meditative reading. Review its meaning while holding its image firmly in your mind. Review the details of the image in your mind, while focusing on the meaning of the card. Ask yourself if there’s anything that sticks out: current or past events, upcoming possibilities, painful or difficult feelings, or pleasant feelings and memories.
- Come back to your body and your breathing throughout the meditation. This will help you disengage from any mental distractions.