Making the best of a bad situation. Recovering from defeat. Resetting expectations. Making allowances for unexpected circumstances. Helping others who find themselves in dire circumstances. Changing the way you see the world. Broadening your perspective through study or travel.
Refusing to accept that things have changed. Playing the victim. Rejecting the idea that your actions have consequences. Applying scientific criteria to matters of faith, or confusing faith with science. Believing the whole world should be like your small corner of it.
Appreciating fine food, fine wine, beautiful art, beautiful bodies, or any of the better things in life. Reveling in healthy sexuality. Treating yourself. Splurging on the occasional “nice to have” item. Rewarding someone with compensation above and beyond expectations. Having it all.
Indulging in gluttony or greediness. Becoming insatiable. Blunting the impact of treats by indulging in them too often. Providing physical comfort without providing for emotional needs. Allowing a feeling of entitlement to distort your gratitude for what you’re given.
Bringing opposites together. Moderating your actions or emotions. Finding middle ground. Reaching compromises. Synthesizing solutions that please everyone involved. Using the old to make something new.
Going to extremes. Disrupting group efforts. Ignoring healthy approaches to life. Becoming an addict. Practicing gluttony. Tearing something or someone apart. Breaking alliances.
Guided meditation instructions
- The card below is your Focal Intention for this meditation. Study the image on the card so that you can recall it during the meditation.
- Tap the card face to reveal its meditative interpretation.
- Look at the themes for the card, set them firmly in your mind’s eye so you can recall them during your meditation.
- Next, read the card’s Affirmation aloud. Speak clearly and decisively. You may read the affirmation more than once, in order to properly attune your mind for the meditation. Try to keep the themes for this card in your mind as you read the affirmation.
- When you feel you have attuned yourself to the affirmation and themes for the card, read the Symbols + Insights.
- Tap the card again to return to the image, then study the card’s image for a few moments. Pay careful attention to the symbols you read about.
- It is now time to set your intention. Your intentions set the possibilities for your meditation, and ultimately determine what you’ll take away.
- Relax your body. Pay careful attention to your forehead/eyebrows, chest, stomach, jaw, and neck.
- Focus on your body’s senses and your breathing. This will help ground you and pacify your mind for the meditation.
- Investigate how you feel about the card’s meditative reading. Review its meaning while holding its image firmly in your mind. Review the details of the image in your mind, while focusing on the meaning of the card. Ask yourself if there’s anything that sticks out: current or past events, upcoming possibilities, painful or difficult feelings, or pleasant feelings and memories.
- Come back to your body and your breathing throughout the meditation. This will help you disengage from any mental distractions.