Investing time in learning or teaching a difficult task. Restraining yourself from physical or financial extremes. Making sacrifices as a way of achieving larger goals. Breaking a complex task down into simple steps. Wanting what you have. Knowing the difference between needs and wants.
Being assigned to a task without being trained to perform it. Pursuing a position for which you are not qualified. Disregarding requirements. Refusing to dedicate adequate time or attention when learning about something or someone new. Always craving more.
Donating your time and talents to others. Taking satisfaction in knowing how your efforts will aid others. Creating a “win-win” scenario. Giving even when you know repayment is not possible. Being motivated to do a good deed.
Linking your sense of self-worth to the appraisals of others. Striving to appear more needy than you really are. Taking undeserved or unmerited charity. Bragging about your charitable efforts. Profiteering in times of distress. Refusing to share a burden.
Speaking your mind. Making your opinions known. Offering constructive criticism. Sharing your knowledge. Making insightful observations. Pinpointing the problem. Clarifying what others have said. Giving clear direction to others. Uncovering the truth.
Stating your opinions as fact. Picking fights. Starting arguments. Using clever insults to undermine the confidence of others. Tossing reason out the window. Speaking without taking the feelings of others into account. Going on a witch hunt. Distorting evidence.
Guided meditation instructions
- The card below is your Focal Intention for this meditation. Study the image on the card so that you can recall it during the meditation.
- Tap the card face to reveal its meditative interpretation.
- Look at the themes for the card, set them firmly in your mind’s eye so you can recall them during your meditation.
- Next, read the card’s Affirmation aloud. Speak clearly and decisively. You may read the affirmation more than once, in order to properly attune your mind for the meditation. Try to keep the themes for this card in your mind as you read the affirmation.
- When you feel you have attuned yourself to the affirmation and themes for the card, read the Symbols + Insights.
- Tap the card again to return to the image, then study the card’s image for a few moments. Pay careful attention to the symbols you read about.
- It is now time to set your intention. Your intentions set the possibilities for your meditation, and ultimately determine what you’ll take away.
- Relax your body. Pay careful attention to your forehead/eyebrows, chest, stomach, jaw, and neck.
- Focus on your body’s senses and your breathing. This will help ground you and pacify your mind for the meditation.
- Investigate how you feel about the card’s meditative reading. Review its meaning while holding its image firmly in your mind. Review the details of the image in your mind, while focusing on the meaning of the card. Ask yourself if there’s anything that sticks out: current or past events, upcoming possibilities, painful or difficult feelings, or pleasant feelings and memories.
- Come back to your body and your breathing throughout the meditation. This will help you disengage from any mental distractions.