Leaping at a new opportunity. Being a cheerleader or ardent advocate for your cause. Being a True Believer. Taking first steps toward independence. Trusting in your own abilities. Asking for feedback.
Basing your entire self-image on what others think. Seizing every new idea that comes your way without question. Habitually discounting input or feedback from others. Being so eager to “do it yourself” that you hinder your own progress.
Sticking with it for the duration. Fulfilling your promises and obligations. Bearing up under incredible duress. Dragging yourself across the finish line. Picking yourself up by your own bootstraps. Refusing to quit. Going as far as you can go and being satisfied with your performance.
Making yourself a martyr. Abandoning your post. Giving up at the first sign of opposition. Being prevented from fulfilling an obligation. Failing to be dependable. Refusing to let something go that needs to be released. Beating a dead horse.
Being deeply committed to a cause. Giving in to strong emotions, from excitement to depression. Acting on intuition alone. Solving problems intuitively. Believing in and basing decisions on ideals instead of realities. Bringing intuition or passion to the table.
Becoming a fanatic. Rejecting information that suggests your intuitions are misguided. Allowing your emotions to control you. Giving in to jealousy, confrontation, and peer pressure. Hiding or ignoring intuitive insights.
Guided meditation instructions
- The card below is your Focal Intention for this meditation. Study the image on the card so that you can recall it during the meditation.
- Tap the card face to reveal its meditative interpretation.
- Look at the themes for the card, set them firmly in your mind’s eye so you can recall them during your meditation.
- Next, read the card’s Affirmation aloud. Speak clearly and decisively. You may read the affirmation more than once, in order to properly attune your mind for the meditation. Try to keep the themes for this card in your mind as you read the affirmation.
- When you feel you have attuned yourself to the affirmation and themes for the card, read the Symbols + Insights.
- Tap the card again to return to the image, then study the card’s image for a few moments. Pay careful attention to the symbols you read about.
- It is now time to set your intention. Your intentions set the possibilities for your meditation, and ultimately determine what you’ll take away.
- Relax your body. Pay careful attention to your forehead/eyebrows, chest, stomach, jaw, and neck.
- Focus on your body’s senses and your breathing. This will help ground you and pacify your mind for the meditation.
- Investigate how you feel about the card’s meditative reading. Review its meaning while holding its image firmly in your mind. Review the details of the image in your mind, while focusing on the meaning of the card. Ask yourself if there’s anything that sticks out: current or past events, upcoming possibilities, painful or difficult feelings, or pleasant feelings and memories.
- Come back to your body and your breathing throughout the meditation. This will help you disengage from any mental distractions.