Refusing to worry about what you cannot control. Rejecting anxiety. Judging your own performance with kindness and gentleness. Using meditation to quiet a troubled mind. Confronting nightmares and fears. Drawing a conclusion and putting an issue out of your mind.
Torturing yourself with regrets. Second-guessing your every move. Beating yourself up for your mistakes. Depression. Obsessing on errors and overlooked details. Refusing to handle stress in healthy ways. Ruining your ability to appreciate the present by dwelling on the past. Debating irreversible decisions.
owledging loss and moving on. Focusing on how the glass remains “half-full.” Finding the silver lining in a dark cloud. Recognizing that loss is a natural part of life. Embracing healthy grief. Learning lessons from harsh consequences.
Wallowing in unhealthy grief or self-pity. Refusing to move on and let go. Clinging to the past. Obsessing on past lives and past loves. Failing to live in the present. Beating yourself up over past mistakes. Allowing fear of failure to limit your efforts.
Acting in your own best interest. Choosing to stand up for yourself. Not backing down from disagreement and discord. Taking a stand. Refusing to go along with an unethical plan. Knowing when to bend the rules.
Taking advantage of others. Intimidating others. Acting in an unethical manner. Picking fights. Using words to goad others into violence and irrationality. Ignoring rules you’ve agreed to abide by. Looking out for yourself while allowing harm to come to others. Gloating over victory.
Guided meditation instructions
- The card below is your Focal Intention for this meditation. Study the image on the card so that you can recall it during the meditation.
- Tap the card face to reveal its meditative interpretation.
- Look at the themes for the card, set them firmly in your mind’s eye so you can recall them during your meditation.
- Next, read the card’s Affirmation aloud. Speak clearly and decisively. You may read the affirmation more than once, in order to properly attune your mind for the meditation. Try to keep the themes for this card in your mind as you read the affirmation.
- When you feel you have attuned yourself to the affirmation and themes for the card, read the Symbols + Insights.
- Tap the card again to return to the image, then study the card’s image for a few moments. Pay careful attention to the symbols you read about.
- It is now time to set your intention. Your intentions set the possibilities for your meditation, and ultimately determine what you’ll take away.
- Relax your body. Pay careful attention to your forehead/eyebrows, chest, stomach, jaw, and neck.
- Focus on your body’s senses and your breathing. This will help ground you and pacify your mind for the meditation.
- Investigate how you feel about the card’s meditative reading. Review its meaning while holding its image firmly in your mind. Review the details of the image in your mind, while focusing on the meaning of the card. Ask yourself if there’s anything that sticks out: current or past events, upcoming possibilities, painful or difficult feelings, or pleasant feelings and memories.
- Come back to your body and your breathing throughout the meditation. This will help you disengage from any mental distractions.